Thursday, October 8, 2015

Fighting Fire With Fire

There is a constant war that has been raging on between me and my mother for a good fifteen years now.

The two sides of this battle are as follows:

- My mom always seems to think that I need new clothes and she makes it a point to "remind" me of this in a variety of different ways.

- I, on the other hand, don't need new clothes and I hate shopping.

Being that I am a very peaceful person, I usually just try to defend against her verbal onslaughts as calmly as possible. I've actually gotten pretty good at this over the years.

Some of My Usual Tactics :
- Change the subject quickly.
- Distract her and then leave the room.
- Pretend to fall asleep.

Being that my mom brings "my wardrobe" up at least once every few days, I thought it was strange that she had not launched a "you need clothes" attack in the last two weeks.

I thought she may have finally given up!


Too Good to Be True
However, much to my dismay, I found the following magazine on my bed when I returned home from work today.

 

Me: "Oh hey mom did you leave this magazine on my bed?"

Mom: "Yes, I really think you need to go and buy some new clothes."

Me: "Oh, okay. What about this?"


Me: "Game, Set, Match!"

Angry Mom: "You son of a b****."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments