Tuesday, October 20, 2015

$2.67 McDonald's Tuesday!?

Normally I bring my lunch to work on Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays; so a few of my colleagues were very confused when I ended up going to McDonald's today. Basically, I didn't make lunch for this week so I had to choose a healthy alternative for Tuesday's lunch. Being that I don't have lunch to bring for Thursday either, another spot decision will have to be made in the next two days. Actually never mind, I think I have a team lunch that day.


Anyway, so I ended up going to McDonald's because I had a couple of coupons to use. One was for a small free beverage and the other one was for a happy meal! Now I can't disclose where I got these coupons from, but they are very special coupons. They allow you to get items on the menu without being forced to buy something, as opposed to normal coupons which are usually "buy x get x or y free". Essentially these special McD coupons are tickets for free food!!!

In addition to getting a small beverage and a happy meal, I also decided to get a couple items off of the "Dollar Menu & More" menu. When it was all said and done my total bill came out to be only $2.67!


I got the following for under $3.

- Two Small Cokes
- Two Small Fries
- One McDouble
- One McChicken
- One Cheddar & Onion Burger (I highly recommend)
- One awesome Halloween Minions bucket, complete with a sticker book cover.


I asked both cashiers if the Happy Meal also came with a toy, but they said that the bucket was the toy. Thinking I had been ripped off, I was a little upset and my happiness level dropped to around a four (10 = extremely happy & 1 = miserable). However, later when I found out that the cover to the bucket was actually a bunch of stickers, my happiness level shot right back up (to about an eight).

What a great day this turned out to be... and tomorrow is Wendy's Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments