Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Fantasy Football Rumors, Insults, Threats & Corruption

Before I go into some of the chaos that ensued today, please allow me to present the facts (100% Truth).
- Fantasy Football League Dues were $55.
- I only gave the commissioner $45 as he already owed me $10 for pizza hut.
- I paid my league dues one day late.

Afternoon
I started getting strange looks shortly after lunch time, which gave me the indication that something was up. I then received a call from a customer care representative, telling me that I did not pay my league dues. While I was still on the phone, the league commissioner passed by and gave me an evil smile. I instantly knew at that point he was spreading rumors about me.


I asked the customer care rep if the commissioner had just been in her office. She denied it. The call ended with the following statement:

Customer Care Representative: "We will call your mom, if you don't pay your league dues."

Before hanging up, I heard another customer care member tell her my mom's actual name...


Later that Afternoon
About an hour later I was cced on an e-mail chain between the same CC Rep from earlier & HR. There was no subject, but shockingly the (false) topic of me not paying my league dues came up again...

CC Rep: "He did not pay his dues, he should be kicked out and his points divided among every one."

HR: "Thank you very much for your insightful feedback and I 100% agree with your recommendation. I have cc copied in our beloved Commissioner so he can take action to rid the league of this thing." (Apparently I'm a thing)

CC Rep: "Thank you I appreciate your continued support."

HR: "You are most welcome and I am always happy to help; we just had a discussion with our Commish, a vote may be coming soon."

Still in the Late Afternoon...
Immediately following this back and forth, I overheard a group of the league members talking about me and my lack of league dues payment (Even though I paid weeks ago).

Colleague #1: "Let's see so there are twelve people in the league, so the remaining eleven can come and throat punch him at the same time." 


Trying to ignore their comments, I headed to the bathroom. Looking over at one of the other league managers, I was greeted with the following:

Colleague #2: "You better pay up, or you're going to PAY up!"

I didn't know threatening other colleagues was allowed in the workplace, but apparently when HR is against you, it is. 


End of Day (League Dues Violation)
I logged on to the fantasy football homepage only to find that the league commissioner had made a new posting.


I can't wait to see what tomorrow will hold. I'm sure another fun filled day will be waiting for me.

2 comments:

  1. So let me understand something...so you don't pay your bills on time and also pay them short but it is other peoples fault...I think HR may be spot on in that you are the exact "thing" that is wrong with this country...perhaps enough whining about how you are mistreated on things that are clearly your fault and more sibling focused reports can be provided...Hsieh Hsieh

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments