Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Paranoia

Let me start off by saying I have always been a little bit paranoid. To put things into perspective, I used to be at the very bottom of the Pyramid of Paranoia. I had a slight fear of failure, a minimal fear of rejection and a minor fear of anything outside the ten mile radius of my home. Nothing too bad.
However, over the past few years I have been slowly ascending the pyramid and now find myself dangerously close to the peak.

Let me go through the list...

People talking about me? Check.
People threatening me? Check.
People going out of their way to get me? Check.
Conspiracies against me? Check.
People trying to cause significant physical, psychological or social harm against me? CHECK.

On second thought... I may actually be at the peak.


Where Did This Blog Post Idea Come From?
A few weeks ago, (after refusing to get up from my desk in fear of someone messing with my computer or desk) one of my colleagues asked me the following question:

"Oh my god, why are you so paranoid!?"

Better than answer her question; I thought, why not just provide her with some examples, and let her tell me if I should be paranoid.

Better yet I thought, why not write a blog post about what happens to me at work on a daily basis and let everybody else decide if I should be paranoid or not. Yup, I'll go with that.

Just 20 Examples of Why I am PARANOID
#1. I have a colleague who often stalks my sibling's twitter page (This colleague has never actually met my sibling).


#2. Two times I have come back from vacation, only to find that my stuff had been encased in jello.


#3. Colleagues of mine have searched for my grandparents' address and phone number online.

#4. Colleagues have found my grandparents' address and phone number online. 

#5. Colleagues have searched online for my home address.


#6. Colleagues have found my address and used it to find pictures of my house on Google Maps.


#7. Colleagues have searched online for pictures of my grandma.


#8. Colleagues have found pictures of my grandma.
#9. Colleagues have printed out pictures of my grandma...

#10. I have received blackmail in the office.


#11. My colleague asked me the following question:
 "Have you ever swallowed your own teeth before?"


#12. One of my colleagues knows every vehicle that my family members own.

 
#13. Colleagues know my family members' names (Though, only one or two have even met them).


#14. HR keeps trying to marry into my family.

 
#15. HR keeps a printed picture of my mother and grandmother at his desk.


#16. HR often tries to find out where/when I go on vacation so he can "meet up" with my family.


#17. Colleague (Showing me her phone): "Here is a picture of the front of your house"

#18. Colleagues congregate at the opposite end of the office, or in the hallway and stare at me.

 They talk, laugh and stare...

#19. HR has threatened me on several occasions, stating that someone may "hit me in the back of the head with a shovel and throw me into a swamp."


#20. I have received pictures of dead birds and random threats from unknown numbers...


And I ask...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments